A simple program to edit BibTeX files with a basic Z39.50 client for the Win32 platform. It is written with
MS VC++ 6 and uses MFC1.
The SourceForge project page can be found here.
For Windows 95 Users
- Version 0.7.2 has been released. An update with many
small enhancements and bugfixes.
- Version 0.7.1 has been released. This is a big update
with many new features, but is not well tested. Also a new version of
YAZ is available. Use this new version with BibEdt 0.7.
If you still use Windows 95 there may be a need to update some files. These
- VC++ and MFC runtime libraries, get them from MS here.
- Common Controls may also be downloaded from MS here.
That should be all, it does not need anything else. But I do not guarantee
that this program runs flawlessly on such old systems. I run this program on
Windows NT 4 with SP 6a and it works just fine.
- What does this stupid program do?
- In general, a program can't be stupid, a program does only what it's
told to. Either the programmer is stupid or the user is. You can use this
program to edit BibTeX files, that's all.
- This program crashes sometimes, was this intended?
- And how about freezing?
- Other bugs?
- The ugly interface?
- Are there better programs that do the same?
- Check out JabRef or
BibDesk if you use Mac.
- Do you add feature XXX?
- Open a feature request at the SourceForge project page.
- Do you fix bug XXX?
- Make a bug report at the project page.
- Is there really a need for this program?
- Is there a need for any program???
- What the hell is wrong with the homepage? It has a completely insane
design, it's almost unuseable!!!
- Yeah! You like it too :-).
Copyright (C) 2005–2006
Stefan Ascher <stievie[at]users[dot]sourceforge[dot]net>
10D4 A724 7B54 253A B8D7 2E54 1F5F 0FFD 2195 2A98
Nils Wiese <hops-1[at]users[dot]sourceforge[dot]net>
BE3F 9B16 5DEF 128A 6E20 5B64 8CD6 858F 1744 F6F8